Wednesday, September 15

Waiting on Wednesday (24)

Waiting on Wednesday is so graciously hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!
This week's pick is...
Starstruck
by Cyn Balog
Relase Date: 2011
Synopsis:
When Gwendolyn “Dough” Reilly’s boyfriend and best friend Wish moves away in seventh grade, the only consolation she can find is in her family bakery’s donuts. Now, it’s sophomore year, and Wish is coming back. But in only three years, they’ve both changed—drastically. She’s seriously overweight, and suddenly Wish is the most popular guy in school, and girls everywhere want him. Dough has doubts that appearances don’t matter and that Wish can love her as she is, so she launches into a plan designed to keep them together. That is, until she discovers that Wish’s gorgeous looks and charm might not be all they appear to be.
My Thoughts:
I'll be honest, the nickname "Dough" is a little off-putting to me, but I'm holding off judgements until I actually read the book. I always love to read about reconnections- it gives us the opportunity to see who they were before we step into their story. That said, I'm really looking forward to establishing a connection with them. Plus, what is it the story on Wish?  Does his name have something to do with it? Questions, questions... all of which will hopefully be answered in 2011!
So that's what I'm waiting for this week! It's Wednesday, what are you 'waiting' for?

Related Posts with Thumbnails