Wednesday, July 21

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

Waiting on Wednesday is so graciously hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!
This week's pick is...
The Mockingbirds
The Mockingbirds by
Daisy Whitney
Release Date: November 2nd, 2010
Synopsis:
Some schools have honor codes.
Others have handbooks.
Themis Academy has the Mockingbirds.
Themis Academy is a quiet boarding school with an exceptional student body that the administration trusts to always behave the honorable way--the Themis Way. So when Alex is date raped during her junior year, she has two options: stay silent and hope someone helps her, or enlist the Mockingbirds--a secret society of students dedicated to righting the wrongs of their fellow peers.
In this honest, page-turning account of a teen girl's struggle to stand up for herself, debut author Daisy Whitney reminds readers that if you love something or someone--especially yourself--you fight for it.

My Thoughts:
The Mockingbirds sounds really fantastic. I'm really interested in learning the Themis Way. Plus, it's tackling a tough subject- rape. The fact that Alex thinks the Mockingbirds could help her shows just how powerful they must be. Plus, we've all read about the secret societies that are not so giving, so this is a different take. A secret society that does for the better of the people. Interesting. I've heard nothing but fantastic things about this novel, so I'm dying to read it!
I've also heard there's going to be a sequel!
So that's what I'm waiting for this week! It's Wednesday, what are you 'waiting' for?

4 comments:

Nomes said...

me too! Me too!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I am intrigued...thanks for sharing.

Here's mine:

http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/07/21/waiting-on-wednesday-19/

Michelle Santiago said...

I love secret societies on books too and I agree this one sounds fascinating. Great pick! I really want to read this book too.

If you have time, check out my pick.

-Michelle

Unknown said...

I've had this one on my list for a while, it sounds really good. Great pick!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails