Saturday, July 24

Story Cast Saturday: Shiver

If you haven't noticed, a lot of YA movies are being optioned into film. While this doesn't mean it will automatically be produced, its foot is in the door. 
That in mind, I thought it would be fun to create a new meme (new, to the best of my knowledge, that is) that highlights my dream cast for a particular book. The cast is thought of by me after my own thoughts, Google, StoryCasting.com, and possibly the author.
So first up to the plate is
Shiver by 
Maggie Stiefvater
I just found out that Shiver had been optioned (I'm so behind, I know), plus with all the talk of Linger, I thought its predecessor would be a fitting first choice. 

Grace: Eliza Bennett
Eliza Bennett Eliza Bennett arrives for the Jameson Empire Awards 2009 at the Grosvenor House Hotel on March 29, 2009 in London, England.  (Photo by Tim Whitby/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Eliza Bennett

Per the author herself, I'm also casting my vote for Eliza Bennet.  I wasn't positive at first, but after I picked my Sam, I think she could work. 
Sam: Logan Lerman
This seemed to be one of the more popular choices, and I'd have to agree. I think he could pull off Sam's apprehensive nature in the beginning, and the romance later on.
Isabel: Taylor Momsen  or Sara Paxton 

 I wanted someone who could pull off... let's say rude, as well as be able to show moments of sweetness (even if only a sliver). Gossip Girl fan that I am, I saw Taylor Momsen. She'd be able to do the anger well, I think. I can also see Sara Paxton. Isabel's very popular and I'd imagine is able to pull off a sweet facade around teachers/adults. Sara could do that well

     Shelby: Marie Avgeropoulos
Marie Avgeropoulos
Though she's not blonde, when I saw this picture, it screamed Shelby to me. I mean, look at her eyes. She looks so fierce and in control. For this pick, all acting ability is aside since I haven't seen her in too many things. I hear she was in Percy Jackson though.
Jack: Jake Abel
Am I on a Percy Jackson streak or what?  I actually found Jake Abel while watching TV last night- a commercial clip for Supernatural came on. After some Googling  and Youtube-ing, I knew he was my Jack. He can do cocky well. I also think he'd be able to pull off Jack's spastic behavior.
Beck: Paul Johansson
PaulJohansson.jpg (100×139)
If you don't recognize him,  Paul plays the dad of Lucas & Nathan from One Tree Hill. I picked him, because he can carry himself as the authoritative figure well. Though he wasn't Father of the Year on OTH, I think he could work well as an authoritative figure for Sam. I'm a little hesitant though, since I picture Beck a teeny bit younger.
So if I were in the director's chair, these actors would be on the big screen for Shiver. What are your thoughts? Agree/disagree? Who would you cast?
What other books would you like to see on Story Cast Saturday?

Related Posts with Thumbnails