Tuesday, August 3

Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick

Tweet Heart
Synopsis:
Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan.
Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone.
But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected….
Told in an innovative format combining tweets, emails, and blogs, Tweet Heart is a contemporary romantic comedy that will set your heart atwitter

Review: 
I love reading stories not in the traditional format. So when I found out Tweet Heart was told through tweets, emails, and blog posts, I was definitely intrigued. 
Overall, I found Tweet Heart to be a really cute read. It's super light, so it'd make a fantastic beach read. While there is a lot of focus on Claire, the supporting characters played a humongous role. I would even go so far as to say that they were almost equal. Almost. I found the whole cast to be funny and genuine, making them easy to understand. 
However, while I enjoyed the format, I almost wish it were traditional. There were some moment in the book where I wished I could have been there.  I missed the emotions somewhat. For anyone who's ever tried to convey their emotions electronically, you understand what I mean. A heartfelt apology or excitement just doesn't come off as heartfelt when reading it on your computer screen instead of hearing it in person.  So while I was able to see the emotions, I have a feeling they would have felt different if I had been there instead of reading a 140 character summary. That said, I do commend Rudnick for being able to do so. 
My Ratings:
Plot: B
Super cute, original, and very relevant to our time. 
Characters: B
Easy to understand, but I couldn't completely connect since there was no face to face dialogue.
Cover: C
A little too personal for a book so electronically distant.
Length:A
Super short, but that fits for this book.
A cute summer read that'll be trending in no time, I give Tweet Heart:

Four Stars!

Related Posts with Thumbnails