Sunday, April 18

Waiting For You by Susane Colasanti



The Gist (Thanks to Susane's site :) )

Derek is clearly the boy Marisa has been waiting for, but there's just one problem. He has a girlfriend. Nash, Marisa's neighbor and childhood friend, is totally geeked out, with zero boyfriend potential. So of course Nash wants to take his friendship with Marisa to the next level.
Beyond her boy drama, Marisa is also dealing with overcoming a major problem from her past, a family that's falling apart, and a best friend who won't stop talking to sketchy guys online. Only the anonymous DJ, who has the school hooked on his underground podcasts, seems to get what Marisa's going through. But she has no idea who he is...or does she?

My review:
*Sigh* Susane Colasanti, you get me every time. This book had me hooked. Marisa, at first, was not a character I could totally relate to, so it was fantastic to see her grow throughout the novel. As the synopsis states, Marisa definitely went through some tough times throughout the novel, and it was nice to see her grow a tougher shell. As a whole, Colasanti did a great job of creating characters who had... layers. Even with the smallest of characters, Colasanti managed to place small quips throughout the novel that hinted that there was more to the character that met the eye. I really appreciated that since I was getting somewhat used to reading novels by Colasanti told by multiple viewpoints. This gave me a hint of what I was missing, without the switching of characters each chapter. 
Overall, I loved the novel. It was really genuine and definitely did give the illusion of Marisa being the perfect girl in the perfect world. Plus, the John Mayer references didn't hurt :). The only thing that got to me was Marisa's overuse of 'like'- but that's just a pet peeve of mine :)

A beautiful novel about finding yourself and your strength,  I give this book:

Four Stars!

Waiting For You is available now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails